These greeting cards feature our original illustration of a branch of holly (genus Ilex) and a bat. This is part of a series of illustrations based on the writings of Galen and Discorides as well as the Greek Magical Papyri (see PGM XII: 401-44) that depict herbs and their code name counterparts. Code names have been used in grimoires and spellbooks for thousands of years to conceal the nature of herbal and magical recipes from the general populace.
They are printed on white seeded paper made from post-consumer waste. Embedded in this plantable paper is a mix of herb seeds: parsley, chive, and basil.
- A2 Size / 4.25 x 5.5 in / 10.8 x 14 cm
- Recycled kraft envelope included
- Folded and blank inside
- Planting instructions and seed list on the back
- 2 year shelf life for best germination
- Non-GMO seeds are considered safe and non-invasive for planting in the USA, Canada, and EU
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place
10% of profits are donated to LGBTQ+ and ecological organizations. Learn more about donations here.
Illustration by Vincent Frano.
Orders under $75 typically leave our studio in 1-2 business days. Please allow extra time for large orders.
Enter your address at checkout to see all shipping options for your location.
Contact-free local pickup is also available for no charge. Remember to wait for your email notification that your order is ready before stopping by.
Visit our Shipping & Returns page for more info.